Moody Bible Institute History

Records and documents of the Chicago Evangelization Society comprise some of the earliest sources that chronicle the beginnings of the Institute from 1886–1899. 

Institute History

The Institute began as part of the Chicago Evangelization Society under the name of The Bible Institute for Home and Foreign Missions, but it was later changed to Moody Bible Institute following the death of D.L. Moody. 

The collection also houses records and information documenting the growth and activities of the various departments of the Institute such as WMBI radio, Day and Evening School, Moody Press, Moody Monthly and other departments of the Institute.

Location Info

Crowell Library Archives
Moody Bible Institute

820 N. LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60610-3284
Sweeting Center
Lower Level

Open Weekdays
(by appointment)
P: (312) 329-4175
F: (312) 329-8959
archives@moody.edu

Icon - Facebook

© Moody Bible Institute