- About Crowell Library
- Begin Your Search
- Interlibrary Loan
- Faculty Resources
- Curriculum Lab (CurLab) and Juvenile
- Music Library
- Alumni Access
- Recommend a Purchase
Interlibrary Loan Request Form
Before filling out the request form below, please read the following items carefully:
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service provided for free to the faculty, students and employees of Moody Bible Institute. Through ILL our library can request books and articles from other libraries for your personal and academic use.
- If you are a distance learning student, please go through this checklist and follow this ILL tutorial before submitting an Interlibrary Loan request.
- For Illinois students and faculty, search in I-Share before filling out this form.
- Also make sure to check the Library's online catalog and its A-Z journal list to see if the item you are about to request is already available at the library. We cannot request through ILL books that are owned by our library. If you require a book that is currently checked out, you can place a hold on that book by calling or visiting the circulation desk. You will then be notified when that book is returned.
- Please understand that Interlibrary Loan is NOT a free textbook service. ILL requests cannot be made on behalf of another individual unless you are requesting as a TA on behalf of a professor. TAs should put their own name in the name field with the professor’s name in parenthesis following their own. Professors using a TA to request items through ILL should provide their TA with their ID number so that books are checked out to the professor instead of the student. TAs can contact the ILL Technician (see bottom of page) for more information about requesting on behalf of a professor.
After submitting your request, you will receive a confirmation email. It will take from 1 to 3 weeks for you to hear back about the request. If no libraries are able to lend the items that you have requested, you will receive an email within 3 weeks informing you of this and asking if you require other resources. Therefore, please request ILL items early in the semester. Students using Interlibrary Loan may be limited to 10 requests per week depending on the current ILL workload.
You must fill in all fields that apply to your request so we may locate your requested item as quickly as possible. If you require a unique request (i.e. a scan of a book chapter, media etc.) please note this in the field by explaining the unique nature of the request. The fields will accept any text so you may type notes explaining the nature of your request in any field.
By submitting a request, you accept full responsibility for the item(s) borrowed. Although Interlibrary Loan is free to the patron, the Institute is fined for lost/damaged goods. In order to uphold a professional reputation as well as exhibiting biblical character, please help us by taking care of borrowed items and adhering to due dates!
In some cases, we may not be able to fulfill your requests due to copyright restrictions. We can only fill one article request per patron per journal issue. Our library also cannot request more than five recently published (within the past five years) articles from the same journal.
Please call (312.329.4138) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the interlibrary loan coordinator if you have any questions.