How do I find eBooks?
Start with our online catalog. Even though eBooks are not hosted on library servers, the catalog acts as a one-stop search to the eBooks we purchase from different publishers and companies.
Library Catalog (eBooks from a variety of Publishers)
- Go to the Library Catalog.
- Scroll down to the limits box and choose Digital Library.
- Click the title to view the record or the link to view the book.
- You might need to log in using your MyMoody username and password.
Digital Reference Shelf
The following reference texts available as eBooks:
- Encyclopedia Judaica
- Encyclopedia of Religion
- Encyclopedia of the Dead Sea Scrolls (2008)
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church (3rd rev ed, 2009)
- Oxford Dictionary of the Jewish Religion (2nd ed, 2011)
- Oxford Encyclopedia of American Literature (2005)
- Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt (2005)
- Oxford Encyclopedia of the Books of the Bible (2011)
- Oxford Encyclopedia of British Literature (2006)
- Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World (2009)
- Oxford Encyclopedia of the Reformation (2005)
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Oxford Handbooks Online - Religion
"The primary aim of DOAB is to increase discoverability of Open Access books. Academic publishers are invited to provide metadata of their Open Access books to DOAB. Metadata will be harvestable in order to maximize dissemination, visibility and impact. Aggregators can integrate the records in their commercial services and libraries can integrate the directory into their online catalogues, helping scholars and students to discover the books. The directory will be open to all publishers who publish academic, peer reviewed books in Open Access and should contain as many books as possible, provided that these publications are in Open Access and meet academic standards."
Greenwood Digital Collection (Greenwood Publishing Group)
Go to Greenwood eBooks to view 11 titles, including:
- Abortion: A Documentary and Reference Guide
- Anti-Semitism: A History and Psychoanalysis of Hatred
- Crowell Library owns 9,000 eBooks
- Public access to over 3,500 eBooks
- Search by keyword, author, title, and subject on the basic screen and in multiple ways on the advanced screen, including language and publication data
Other eBooks Resources
Christian Classics Ethereal Library
A digital library of hundreds of classic Christian books selected for edification and education.
First Search - eBooks Catalog
You will have to login using your My Moody username and password; this is a catalog and does not provide full text.
Not all books are available in their entirety and may have to be purchased.
Books in the Public Domain; full-text available.