Placing I-Share Requests
Here are some things you should know about requesting library materials through I-Share:
I-Share is available to Illinois residents. This library sharing consortium gives you access to over 37 million items from 89 academic libraries in Illinois.
- Because materials are delivered by a state-wide courier system, most requested materials will arrive in 2 days. Some times, requests will take longer to fill, but generally, you should receive your requested item within two to three days.
- You will NOT receive a confirmation email when you place a request but you WILL receive an email once your requested item has arrived. An email will be sent to you informing you when your I-Share item is ready to be picked up.
- You can see the status of your requests by logging in to your library account.
- Normally, your requested items are delivered to the Crowell Library Circulation Desk, but you have the option of selecting any other I-Share library as the delivery location when you place the request.
- If you do not receive an email letting you know your book has arrived within 10 days, your request has been UNFILLED. Usually, when a request is unfilled, it is because all copies of the item you want are in use. When this happens, you can either:
- Place another request for the same item in I-Share. Often, by the time you place another request for the item, a copy has become available and will then be delivered to you.
- Or you can place a request through interlibrary loan. Keep in mind that interlibrary loan requests may take up to three weeks to be filled.
If you have questions about requesting, using, or returning I-Share items, please email the Interlibrary Loan office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-329-2068.