- Tunisian Torah Scroll
- Policies and Guidelines
Archives Checkout Policy
- Archival material is non-circulating.
- Photocopies and/or scanning of materials are usually allowed if the condition of the document permits.
- No material is permitted to go off campus, unless special permission is granted by the Public Services Librarian.
- Archival materials may be checked out for special projects to a department or individual within the Chicago campus.
- Departments/individuals checking out material assume responsibility for that material while it is in their possession, including its safe return to the Archives by the due date.
- If more than a couple items are being checked out, a thorough and complete listing of these materials should be compiled by the Archives Assistant. The list should be initialed by the Assistant and the person checking out the items and be attached to the interdepartmental checkout form.
- Materials checked out from the Archives that do not have a barcode should not be returned through interoffice mail nor left at the circulation desk but should be returned directly to the Archives or Public Services Librarian. Arrangements should be made for their return before checkout.
- Materials checked out from the Archives that have a barcode should not be returned through interoffice mail nor placed in the book drop but should be handed to the circulation desk worker to be checked in and returned to the Archives.
- Lost items will incur a fee of $150 per item.
Crowell Library Archives