- Tunisian Torah Scroll
- Policies and Guidelines
Archives Copy/Scan Request Policy
Occasionally, researchers contact the Archives seeking information and materials but are unable to visit the Archives in person due to distance or schedule. They may request that documents and/or photos be copied or scanned and sent via mail or email. Due to the limited resources of the Archives staff, materials will be scanned and sent based on the following:
- The amount scanned of any copyrighted work does not exceed the amount allowed by copyright regulations.
- The amount scanned does not exceed 15 pages single-sided.
- Materials deemed to be too fragile will not be scanned/copied.
- Photos requested for publication will be scanned at a lower resolution and be watermarked with “Property of MBI Archives.” Once the Archives Publication Request form has been completed, the photo will be scanned at the requested resolution.
- Materials with unknown copyright will be scanned with a note/watermark stating that the materials “May be protected under copyright.” It is up to the researcher to determine each material’s copyright status if it is being used in publication.