Library Books and Resources by Dr. Dwight Perry
Search the Library’s catalog records of books and resources authored/edited by Dr. Dwight Perry, provost of Moody Bible Institute, here.
The Library’s holdings feature these books:
- Breaking Down Barriers: a Black Evangelical Explains the Black Church
- Building Unity in the Church of the New Millennium
- Connect: Proclaiming the Timeless Truths of Christ in an Ever-Changing World
- Finish Well: a Guide for Leadership Transition and Succession
- Fourth Quarter: Enduring Leadership Lessons that Will Leave a Legacy
- The Hole in My Soul
- Turnaround: Renewing Organizations Small or Large from the Inside Out
In light of the Moody Bible Institute Missions Conference, Crowell Library will showcase contemporary resources on missions.
- Atla Religion Database with AtlaSerials
200,000 full-text articles on missions and missionaries
- Global Road Warrior
A comprehensive country-by-country cultural database featuring in-depth information on 175+ countries. Designed for international studies, cross cultural studies, language studies, and studying abroad programs.
- Oxford Research Encyclopedias
Hundreds of articles on missions
- Oxford Scholarship Online: Religion
103 books on missions
- Routledge Handbooks Online - Religion
Comprehensive overviews of major world religions, key religious texts, inter-religious relations, important religious concepts and religions in historical and geographical context.
- World Christian Database
Extensive data available on over 9,000 Christian denominations, 13,000 ethnolinguistic peoples, as well as data on 5,000 cities, 3,000 provinces and 234 countries.
- World Religions Database
Comprehensive guides to the world’s major religions and spiritual traditions.
Subject Terms for Productive Searches
- Missions -- Research -- Methodology
- Missions -- Study and teaching
- Missions -- Theory
- Missional church movement
- Christianity and other religions
Visual History Archive
USC Shoah Foundation Visual History Archive Online
http://vhaonline.usc.edu/login: registration and viewing are free of charge.
USC Shoah Foundation's Visual History Archive allows users to search through and view more than 54,000 video testimonies of survivors and witnesses of genocide.
Initially a repository of Holocaust testimony, the Visual History Archive has expanded to include testimonies from the Armenian Genocide that coincided with World War I, the 1937 Nanjing Massacre in China, the Cambodian Genocide of 1975-1979, the Guatemalan Genocide of 1978-1983, the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda, and the ongoing conflicts in the Central African Republic and South Sudan, and anti-Rohingya mass violence. It also includes testimonies about contemporary acts of violence against Jews.
USC Shoah Foundation Visual History Archive Online has been added to the Library’s Best Internet Resources collection.